Back to school means back to activities! Welcome to the ultimate destination for all things youth recreation! Get ready to dive into a world of excitement, adventure, and non-stop fun. From thrilling outdoor escapades to ingenious indoor activities, our blog is your one-stop-shop for unforgettable adventures that are guaranteed to put a smile on every face. Let’s embark on a journey of play, laughter, and endless memories – because when it comes to recreation, the sky’s the limit!
Looking for a sport to engage your children in that doesn’t require a lot of expensive equipment and will give them a proper outlet for their excess energy! The Cougar Dome has you covered with tennis lessons for youth! Lesson start September 17th, 2023. No experience is required and new players are welcome
Contact them and they will be more than happy to help at (902) 843 – 4171 or email us at email@example.com.
Cobequid Dance Academy offers high-quality dance education right in the heart of Downtown Truro! Classes start in September for the fall season.
- Parent & Tot – For children ages 18 months to 3 years. This program focuses on introducing children to the world of movement through games, stories and songs.
- Early Childhood Movement – For children ages 3-5. A range of classes that focus on introducing children to the world of dance and music through songs, games and simple exercises with an emphasis on creative expression and fun.
- Recreational Ballet Program – For students ages 5 and above. These classes provide a broad practical dance education, progressively developing the technical, musical and performance skills of the student.
- Ballet Exam Preparatory Program – CDA’s Exam Preparatory (EP) Program is for students who wish to train toward participation in Royal Academy of Dance exams. Admission into this program is by audition only (or faculty recommendation). RAD training and exams are only available at schools with a Registered Royal Academy of Dance Educator.
- Modern Dance Program – For students ages 11 & up. CDA’s Modern Dance Program focuses primarily on training students in Graham and Limon techniques. Students will have additional training in Horton and Cunningham techniques.
- Contemporary Jazz Dance Program – For students ages 6 & up. Our Contemporary Jazz Dance Program provides an opportunity to be expressive to a range of musical styles including traditional jazz tunes, electronic and dance beats as well as contemporary pop music.
- Hip Hop Program – Our Hip Hop classes focus on the fundamentals of Hip Hop dancing.
- Lyrical Dance Program – CDA’s Lyrical classes focus on the Lyrical style of Contemporary dance, created by merging many different styles including Ballet and Jazz.
- Musical Theatre Program – Our Musical Theatre Program provides an essential blend of music, acting and movement training for the aspiring Musical Theatre artist.
- Tap Program – For students ages 6 & up. CDA’s Tap program is based in Musical Theatre style of Tap.
- Acro Program – CDA’s Acro Program introduces students to the building blocks of Acrobatic Technique in an appropriately paced and safe environment.
Please visit https://www.cobequiddanceacademyinc.com for registration details, class times and prices.
Long & McQuade Lesson Centre at 188 Robie Street offers music experiences for all ages and levels!
- Private online or in-person music lessons with Long & McQuade’s skilled professional instructors. Sign up for lessons in piano, voice, fiddle, guitar, drums, ukulele, banjo, viola, or mandolin! 30 minute lessons range from $21-26 per session, longer lessons also available.
- “Mini Musicians” Music programs for infants, toddlers, & children led by Beth Terry, with a focus on instruments, history, theory, & fun! (8 weeks for $120)
- “Learn-to-Uke:” This class will introduce young musicians to playing ukulele in a group setting. We’ll work on chords and strumming, and learn a few songs that are great for beginners. Ages 7-15 (14 weeks for $280)
- “ROCK SKOOL:” Experience the thrill of rehearsing and performing in a Rock Band! Ages 9-16, some experience required (12 weeks for $300)
Find information on all our our instructors and group classes online at https://www.long-mcquade.com/lessons/nova_scotia/truro/ Follow on Facebook @longmcquadetruro, Instragram @lmtruro
Call us anytime at 902-920-4401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your child looking to try something new, fun, and exciting to try this fall? Look no further than Stagecoach School for the Performing Arts! If you are looking to nurture your child’s creativity, build their confidence and provide them with a platform to shine, then Stagecoach Performing Arts School is for you!
Stagecoach provides a supportive and welcoming environment for students to learn and develop their
confidence by performing in front of peers, teachers, and a live audience at the end of the term! Our students are taught singing, dancing, and acting lessons throughout the 10-week program and with this, your child will gain the ability to express themselves confidently on and off the stage.
Stagecoach school programs are designed for kids aged 4-18 and their professional teaching team work hard to encourage everyone to participate in fun and engaging activities. Fall registration is now open so be sure to secure your spot! Visit at: https://www.stagecoachschools.ca/novascotianorth.
The Scotia Pool offers all levels of Red Cross swim instruction, lifeguard training and water safety instructor training. Also available are recreational, lane and family swims, parent and tot swims, and group rentals.
Fall Lifesaving Society Swim for Life swim lesson registration will be online through SportHub beginning August 31st at 9am with lessons beginning Sept 9th.
They will also be offering a Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross course in early fall, followed by a Lifesaving Society Learn to Swim Instructor course. Both can be registered for in person 80 Research Drive over the phone 902-893-6364.
The Truro Junior Curling program offers youth between the ages of 8-20 the opportunity to participate in programs after school during the week.
Junior curling offers a fun way to be more physically active, meet new friends, and learn new skills. As a junior curler, there’s many opportunities to play in fun bonspiels and to also participate in age appropriate competitions!
Check out their Open House on Saturday, October 21 from 2-4pm at the Truro Curling Club at 56 Young St. to learn more about what the Truro Curling Club has to offer!
Make sure to head to our adult recreation blog to find fun adult activities in our area!