Lori from Costandi Designs gives tips on how to refresh your home during the pandemic.
We are spending a ton more time in our homes these days. And I can’t be the only that is looking around with a critical eye and see all the things I’d like to change. But what can we do? We’re in the middle of a pandemic!!!
I’ve laid out a few ideas to help you make some changes in your home without breaking protocol!
- Rearrange the furniture – sometimes simply switching around a room can be enough of a change to scratch the itch.
- Shop your home – by looking around your home to see what you can borrow from another space, whether it is furniture, a rug, art or accessories, you can create a new look without leaving the house.
- Paint your walls – some of the local stores are still taking paint orders, like Chase’s on Prince Street, and they can mix it up, take payment over the phone and do a contactless pick up
- Paint your furniture – if you haven’t tried painting a piece of furniture, now is the time, I’ll warn you, it’s addictive! Give Phillips and Chestnut a call and make arrangements to get the right
paint for your project!
- Contact your favourite local shop or artist – lots of small businesses and artists would be thrilled to sell you their wares and then you can create a new look in your home.
- Set up a virtual consultation – here at Costandi’s, we are offering virtual consultations if the project you want to tackle is something you need some expert advice on so feel free to give me
Let’s do our part the #flattenthecurve while still creating a safe sanctuary for our family.