Patio season is HERE and effective March 6th, 2021 dogs are now able to join their owners on restaurant, bar, and cafe patios in Nova Scotia. Businesses can decide whether to allow pet dogs, limit the number of dogs, or ask a customer to remove the pet if it is misbehaving. Previously, only service animals were allowed at dining establishments.
The province says the change is also a way to support the food service industry that has been so severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Restaurant owners who allow dogs follow food safety guidelines, including:
- pet dogs will not be allowed inside restaurants; they will only be allowed on patios that can be accessed from the street
- dogs are not permitted to eat while at the restaurant but they can drink water from separate bowls brought by the owner
- restaurants with dog-friendly patios must post a sign so potential customers are aware before they sit down
Additional rules include that:
- pet owners must keep their dogs on the ground and away from aisles
- owners must clean up any waste immediately
Truro Buzz has compiled a list of dog friendly patios that you and your pooch can enjoy right here in Colchester ?
🐾 Nook & Cranny
🐾Nook & Cranny Tata (TBD)*
🐾 Frank and Ginos
🐾 Bistro 22
🐾 Laurie’s Bakeshop
🐾 Hub Grub
🐾 Parichat Asia Thai
🐾 The Chowder House
🐾 Truro Brewing Co
🐾 Derado’s Pizza (Tatamagouche)
🐾 Roadside Willies
🐾 Revana Pizza
🐾 Belly Up BBQ and Grill
🐾 Jimolly’s Bakery Cafe
🐾 The Blunt Bartender (TBD)*
🐾 Mastadon Ridge
🐾 The Coffee Barn
* These establishments are renovating their patios and unsure if they will be allowing pets at this time.
Please remember that if you do choose to frequent a patio with your doggo this season, to be aware of your dogs personality, surroundings and that maybe not everyone is a dog lover!
This blog was brought to you by: